Thursday, August 20, 2015

Covergirl: My "Glow" To Brand

In my most recent VoxBox from Influenster, I received two free products from Covergirl: the Outlast Stay Luminous Foundation and the Outlast Lipstick in Magnetic Mauve. I was excited to try these products; read below to see how it all turned out.


Covergirl Outlast Lipstick--I received a full-sized tube of this lipstick in the color Magnetic Mauve. While the lipstick was damaged a bit in transit, I was able to salvage most of it. I must say that I love the color! While I don't find this lipstick particularly long-wearing, I do love the creamy formula.

Covergirl Outlast Stay Luminous Foundation--I should have known from the "luminous" in the product name that this foundation was not going to work for me. I have combination/oily skin, so anything "luminous" or "dewy" is usually off limits. However, I decided to give it a try. The application was great and the color match was spot on (I received color 820: Creamy Natural). The finish looked great immediately after application, but it began to break down after only a few hours. My pores were highly visible, which is not cute at all! I will be passing this product on to someone with dry skin. Even though it didn't work on my skin type, I really think it would look great on someone else. As a side note, I absolutely love the Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation, which is geared more towards oily skin. I think that the Luminous would be just as amazing for someone with dry skin as the Stay Fabulous is for me and my oily skin!

Quick shot of me rocking both products. The coverage on the foundation is great, but, once again, it's just not meant for my skin type. The color of the lipstick is amazing and really works with my skin tone. What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment