Monday, December 15, 2014

Clear Proof Acne System


Hello everyone! So I've been gone a while, but I promise to try to get back in the swing of blogging. This review is based on some products that I got free to test from Influenster, a great site which sends out products for review. This is the second physical box that I have received from Influenster, but I have also participated in what they call "virtual boxes" as well. If you haven't already, you should really check them  out!


Once upon a time, I used to sell Mary Kay. However, I was thrilled to see that the products included with this special VoxBox were completely new to me. I remember when Velocity was the acne line that Mary Kay had, and, while it smelled great, it was a little drying on my skin. Given that, I had some preexisting notions about this new acne system. However, I thought it was worth a shot.

I think the best way to present this review is to break it down one item at a time. This way you can see what I liked and didn't like about each item.

Clear Proof Clarifying Cleansing Gel
This gel cleanser is pretty standard as far as acne treatment. It is a clear gel which lathers well; it also has no scent, which is better than having the harsh chemical odor that some acne washes can have. With 2% salicylic acid, it can be a little drying, and it tingles if left on the skin too long. It does the job, but watch out if you are a little on the dry side.




 
Clear Proof Blemish Control Toner
Well, this is a toner...what else can I say? I've never really been too big on any toner. In fact, this is usually a step I skip. Once again, the 2% salicylic acid can be drying, but I'm assuming that most people will use this only when needed (which is what I did). While it claims to be exfoliating, I'm not sure how much of that I saw. It has a nice lemony scent though!

Clear Proof Acne Treatment Gel
This gel treatment is said to prevent new pimples from forming, as well as fading older acne scars. I am pleased to say that both of these claims were true, in my experience! There is no scent to this gel. It is white in color, but goes on clear. I felt a slight tingle a little bit after application, but after that, I was fine. The active ingredient is 5% benzoyl peroxide; however, I did not find this as drying as the previous two products.


Clear Proof Oil-Free Moisturizer for Acne-Prone Skin
HOLY GRAIL STATUS!!! I must say, this is the shining star of the whole system for me! Moisturizers have always made my acne worse, even so-called oil-free varieties. However, this one really works! Not only did it alleviate all dryness I was feeling from the active acne ingredients contained in the other items in the system, but it also left my skin feeling better than ever. It seems almost too thin to moisturize, but don't let that fool you. It absorbs into your skin super quickly, leaving a wonderful feeling behind. I even started using it in the mornings instead of a primer. Oh yeah, it's that good!


Final Verdict
Overall, these products work well together to make a great acne system. While testing them, I had an allergic reaction to some medication, but these products were mild enough to continue using during that breakout as well. In fact, my breakout cleared up much faster than normal and all the spots have since faded into nothingness. If you've been struggling to find a good acne system, give this a try. Hopefully, you'll like it as much as I did.



Oh, and just because you probably want to see my results, here is a before and after picture after only two weeks of use. This was prior to my horrendous breakout from my medicine, but I think you'll get the idea. Until next time! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment